Sunday, January 29, 2017

Substance Designer - Sunray Mosaïc

And another! Couldn't stay away from Designer this weekend. Jumped on it again yesterday and watched a couple tutorials for reference and inspiration. Turned out I wanted to a mosaic pattern and so I watched some stuff by this guy called Sharpstance on YouTube.

I spent quite some time figuring out how to set up circular and curved mosaic patterns without having them sloppily blend into each other. Then the curved carve out pattern in the concrete was pretty cool to see come together and the sun was good fun as well. I guess more fun than skill went into this graph. Oh right.. and setting up the various curved colors came to me in a dream and I'm not kidding.

Visit my ArtStation page here or watch the images below.


 





Thanks for reading!
Pim

1 comment: